"From knowledge of the Qur'an and Sharia'a law, to new and old Islamic financial concepts, Islamic terms and financial instruments and services, this book covers all the key areas that practitioners need to know in order to understand Islamic finance. The book also features overviews of the product and services, illustrative examples of how these work in practice, and a question and answer section for readers seeking to test and build their knowledge of the area." -- back cover.
1. The Islamic banking timeline (1890-2010)
2. Frequently asked questions
3. Why is interest (riba) forbidden to Muslims?
4. Derivatives and Islamic finance
5. How do you establish an Islamic bank?
6. Islamic banking and finance qualifications
7. How much Arabic do you need to know to work in the industry?
8. Test your knowledge
9. Further reading
App. Answers to Chapter 8 test your knowledge.